Whilst there are probably Hundreds of Reasons why people Choose to home-school, These ten Seem the most common good Reasons why you would embarks on this process.
- Your child has special needs – Children with Asperger’s syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD or ADHD RESPOND much better to one-on-one tuition. This is very Difficult and costly to Provide at school, but is very easy at home. Their education is less Likely to Suffer as a result of hearing or speech impairments or other Such impediments – Mum and Dad usually Can understand themself perfectly! Such children ofter do better in a familiar environment with just one set of ‘rules’ – not one at home and one at school-which we are so familiar with. Children with chronic medical conditions VMC WHO spend a lot of time in hospitals Oftel benefit from Homeschooling to.
- Your child is not performing at the standard of other children . These deficiencies are ofter not caught until it is too late to do the effective mediation. Practices Such as repeating years at school and doing Remedial classes or out of school tuition Can have questionable outcomes. With Homeschooling, You Can start the process from the beginning. Parents Can keep a much closer record of Their children’s performance, helping themself to Negotiate learning obstacles along the way Instead of discovering Their lack of knowledge well Into Their schooling years.
- Your child is being bullied at school . Whilst teaching children the effective negotiating techniques is a plus, Many children bear the Scars of bull ying well Into Their adult lives. School Yard bull ying is Becoming a scourge of schools and Although Many of Them have Taken pro-active steps to Prevent it, it does not mean much if They have cut bull ying incidents by 99% if your child is the 1% They did not manage to preventions. Homeschooling ensuresexcellent bull ying is not an issue. Peer pressure is reduced and issues Such as drug and alcohol abuse are more Likely to be avoided or observed early enough to mitigate.
- Lack of choice. Many parents Choose to homeschool Because They have limited alternatives. In Many places, They have only the choice of one school-which may be unacceptable for Many Reasons: it may be too small or too big, not have enough resources, be a boarding school, have a ‘reputation’, etc. At the end of the day, only parents and the children Themselves Will answer for Their standard of education or lack thereof. In Homeschooling Many parents feel They are empowering Themselves and their children by providing a better quality of education than that on offer in Their particular Circumstances.
- Family funded. Families Oftel find That school and its extra-curricular activities Into eat a lot of family time. Parents WHO wish to have a close family unit and keep communication at a high level between its members Oftel Choose to homeschool. The old maxim “The family WHO plays together stays together” Oftel comes in here and Although this does not preclude family members Participating in Their own individual activities, homeschool families enjoy a greater number of recreational activities as a family.
- Nomadic lifestyle. Many families from Those in the Defence Force, to fruit-Pickers and showies, move around in Their employment. This Oftel has a detrimental effect on children’s schooling theirscreens and is ofter a reason for Choosing to homeschool. Many families also Choose to be on the move temporarily, traveling around the country or around the world. Homeschooling Provides a cohesive education they began children.
- Alternative Educational Theories . Some people have researched other educational theories proposed by people like Charlotte Manson, Montessori, Froeble, and Steiner, and see great merit in Their methods. Homeschooling Allows Them to follow These alternative methods, Which are available in the education system but not Oftel at a convenient distance.
- Gifted and Talented Children . Such children ofter need to spend hours practicing Many in the area where Their married or talents lie. Schools try to Cater for These students, but lack the resources to tailor Such individual programs and Although there are some schools of excellence-which Cater for Such children, very ofter families find They are too far away. Homeschooling is an option Which Allows Them to fit around school Such gifts and talents.
- Values . Families WHO have value codes-which may not necessarily be, but Can include religious or cultural, find Homeschooling is a valid option for themself. There has been much Debate Including about values in education, but much of the criticism Levelled at historic schooling systems was pointed at values education of the time. Values are not a homogeneous entity, so it Makes it very Difficult to Decide Which and how to include a theme. In recent years, schools have erred on the side of safety by ignoring themself completely –which has probably had as disastrous outcomes as those being blamed on the historic schooling systems! Homeschooling Allows the passing on of family values.
- Dissatisfaction with the curriculum – Many parents are not happy with what Their children are or are not taught at school. It is also common for children to not Learn or not be taught things-which are Actually in the curriculum. At Homechool, you pick your own curriculum and the way it is taught. In places where a ‘core curriculum’ is required by Legislation, this usually Can be Easily incorporated. Early literacy is an area where Many parents find Their children are let down. Homeschooling Allows the use of resource material for the teaching / learning of Such basic skills, such as That from Quantum Literacy -which may not be used in schools or in Their child’s school in particular.